Do Bigger Things
See the bigger picture and communicate in a whole new way. With the Galaxy Note8 in your hand, bigger things are just waiting to happen.
The Infinity Display that's larger than life
18.5:9 aspect ratio
More screen means more space to do great things. Go big with the Galaxy Note8's 6.3" screen. It's the largest ever screen on a Note device and it still fits easily in your hand.*Infinity Display: a near bezel-less, full-frontal glass, edge-to-edge screen.*Measured diagonally, the screen size is 6.3" in the full rectangle and 6.2" with accounting for the rounded corners.
The S Pen. A whole new way to communicate
Say it with a hand-drawn message
Draw your own emojis, make animated GIFs, or write handwritten messages on photos. Live message allows you to express your feelings and send them to people you care about.*GIFs created may not be supported by some social media and messaging services depending on the size and length of GIFs.
Create your own GIFs
When words aren't enough, you can say it with your own animated GIF. Use the S Pen's Smart select feature to select a section of a video and share them with your friends or on social media. You can also select intricate shapes from images to share or paste where you need them.*GIFs created may not be supported by some social media and messaging services depending on the size and length of GIFs.*Steps removed and sequence shortened.
Tools for expression
From bullet journaling to serious artwork and everything in between, Samsung Notes gives you the tools. Use the wide selection of brushes, pens, and colors to draw up plans and create your own masterpieces.
SCREEN OFF MEMO
Make note without unlocking
When you are done, Pin it to AOD (Always on display) to keep it handy or save it directly to Samsung notes.
Photos, clear and steady even in low light
2x optical zoom + dual IS
Moments, up close and clear
Take crisp and clear shots with the Galaxy Note8's dual camera. Its telephoto camera has 2x optical zoom to let you zoom in clearly. And both cameras have optical image stabilization (OIS) to produce photos that come out beautifully steady even with camera shake.*On-screen image taken with Galaxy Note8.
Do more with the high-performing phone
10nm AP + 6GB RAMPlaying visually rich games or switching between apps is a breeze. The 10nm mobile processor works with the 6GB RAM to make it happen fast and seamlessly.
Gigabit LTE + Gigabit Wi-FiBrowse the web, download files, and stream videos with speed and ease. The Galaxy Note8 supports both gigabit LTE and gigabit Wi-Fi, meaning that it's built to give you superior connection speed by tapping into network speeds that can go as high as 1 gigabit per second.
Vulkan API Gaming in the Fast LaneGames heavy with graphics feel light on the Galaxy Note8 because it supports Vulkan API. With Vulkan making fast connections between computing and graphics, what you get is beautifully smooth performance that doesn't drain your battery as much.*Turn on full screen mode in Settings to enjoy a greater view when playing.
- Technology GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands LTE
- Speed HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps
- GPRS Yes
- EDGE Yes
- Dimensions 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6 mm (6.40 x 2.94 x 0.34 in)
- Weight 195 g (6.88 oz)
- Build Corning Gorilla Glass 5 back panel
- SIM Nano-SIM
- IP68 certified - dust/water proof over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
- Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- Type Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size 6.3 inches (~83.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution 1440 x 2960 pixels (~521 ppi pixel density)
- Multitouch Yes
- Protection Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- HDR10 compliant
- 3D Touch (home button only)
- Always-on display
- OS Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Chipset Exynos 8895 Octa
- CPU Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz & 4x1.7 GHz)
- GPU Mali-G71 MP20
- MEMORY Card slot microSD, up to 256 GB
- Internal 64GB, 6 GB RAM
- Primary Dual 12 MP (26mm, f/1.7, PDAF & 52mm, f/2.4, AF), OIS, autofocus, 2x optical zoom, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Features 1/2.55" sensor size, 1.4 µm pixel size @ 26 mm
- 1/3.6" sensor size, 1.0 µm pixel size @ 52 mm
- Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- Video 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@240fps, HDR, dual-video rec.
- Secondary 8 MP, f/1.7, autofocus, 1/3.6" sensor size, 1.22 µm pixel size, 1440p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR
- SOUND Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
- Loudspeaker Yes
- 3.5mm jack Yes
- 32-bit/384kHz audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, EDR, LE
- GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC Yes
- Radio No
- USB 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- Browser HTML5
- Java No
- Samsung Desktop Experience support
- Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0)
- Qi wireless charging
- ANT+ support
- S-Voice natural language commands and dictation
- MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.265 player
- MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Photo/video editor
- Document editor
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery
- Talk time Up to 22 h (3G)
- Music play Up to 74 h